The objective of the Department of Psychology and Medical Psychology at SAITM is to provide knowledge to understand the psychological aspect of health and illness and to develop skills and attitudes that are important for medical undergraduates in the improvement of health status of individuals as medical professionals. We disseminate knowledge through;
1. teaching psychology for medical undergraduates in the MBBS programme
2. conducting sessions in the Multi-Dimensional Approach to Patient Care programme for medical undergraduates
3. contributing to the Foundation for Medicine course
4. contributing to the Clinical Introductory programme
5. teaching psychology in the Nursing programme
6. psychology research work
In addition to dissemination of knowledge, we coordinate the mentoring programme and provide psychological counseling service for students at SAITM.