SAITM - Faculty of Allied Health and Behavioral Sciences
Newly established Faculty of Allied Health and Behavioral Sciences (FAHS) at South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine, is the first ever institute in Sri Lanka to offer undergraduate programs for students pursuing careers in pharmaceutical and pharmacological sciences. Additionally the Faculty has initiated BSc programs in nursing and psychology for Sri Lankan students interested in pursuing a career in nursing or psychology in both state and non-state sector.
By promoting excellence through teaching and service, the Faculty makes an academic atmosphere that encourages critical analysis, creative thinking, and commitment to lifelong learning. Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences of FAHS is also focused on suitable qualifications for medical, health promotion officers and representatives. FAHS proudly announces initiation of higher diploma in Medical and Health Product Management for the first-time in Sri Lanka.
Learning / Training outcome
• To apply knowledge of human body for field practice
• Understanding therapeutic advantages of drugs using pharmacological concepts
• Delivery of pharmacological knowledge to health professionals
• To be aware of health care industry and their products
• To understand the healthcare market, Medical terminology and the regulations
• To become an effective communicator in clinical trials and pharmacoeconomics
• Effective time management and understanding of safety measures